Current MFHS freshmen, sophomores and juniors are encouraged to apply for our annual scholarship to attend a week-long summer art camp, August 2 – 7, at the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay valued at over $500.
Past recipients RAVE about their experience! 2019 winner Ella Blowers and 2018 winner Dylan Frey both elected to study graffiti art, but there are several mediums to explore like computer animation, photography, zine making, acrylics, mixed media, watercolor and ceramics.
Campers choose to work in one art medium, allowing for an immersion experience in that genre. Critiques, slide lectures, field trips, and a final exhibition all encourage exchange of ideas and styles. Campers are taught by some of the finest teachers and professional artists from across the state.
Visit uwgb.edu/art-camps/high-school-summer-art-camp/overview/ for more information.
- 2019 – 20 MFHS Freshman, Sophomore or Junior in good standing
- able to provide own transportation to/from camp
- write a one-page essay on why you are our ideal candidate and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Camp Scholarship submission”
- include your full name, year in school and phone number in your email message
- timestamped by 12:00midnight February 17, 2020
Winner will be notified by March 1, 2020.