Since 2015, the Art Guild of Menomonee Falls has sponsored one Menomonee Falls High School student to attend a week-long summer camp.
RUTH FLUNKER has been selected as the 2023 WINNER of our ART CAMP SCHOLARSHIP! Congratulations Ruth on your insightful essay and interest in pursuing art! The two UW-W Fine Art Camp workshops Ruth has selected are Sculpture (aluminum casting) and 2D digital fundamentals: becoming a digital artist.
In February, MFHS art students were invited to apply for a scholarship to attend a week-long summer art camp at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater valued at $700 sponsored by the Guild. UW-Whitewater’s Fine Art Camp, June 25-30, 2023, is a 6-day opportunity for high-school student artists to immerse themselves in a college-level, visual arts experience.
- Campers rank their choices from 4 workshops: sculpture, bookmarking, digital and acrylics to participate in for 4 hours each day.
- Camp instructors are all current full-time faculty members of the Art & Design Department at UW-W.
- A closing reception/art exhibition will be held the afternoon of Friday, June 30th, as a showcase for the artists and parents.
- Campers may attend as a commuter or resident camper. residents stay overnight in UW-W’s resident hall, air-conditioned Ma’iingan Hall (lodging and meals are included).
Students need to submit a 250-500 word essay on essay on what aspect of this camp interests you and/or what you hope to gain from the experience.
- 2022-23 MFHS freshman, sophomore or junior in good academic standing
- able to provide own transportation to/from camp
- 2015: Miranda Fluegge
- 2016: Hanna Milos
- 2017: Katherine Kirk
- 2018: Dylan Frey
- 2019: Ella Blowers
- 2020: Jalen Brock
- 2022: Emma Molli